25 December 2011

A little holiday swag | Monks, Bags, Watches

Christmas may be a time for families to come together, and celebrate the birth of...alright I already got bored and distracted. It's a time for family and swag. There isn't a better time to bust out your wildest get-up and see what the fam has to say - as we all know, it's
Christmas, and at Christmas you tell the truth. If you look like a fool, there's probably an aunt or uncle that is going to let you know. But around here we swag, and swag brings compliments and good tidings to all. Let's bring it down for this year's Holiday wish list.

The Invicta 2770 Military Chrono Lefty ($130, Amazon)
I love a good genuine leather watch strap with an oversized bezel. It's an easy way to make a statement for someone getting into the accessory game. Invicta is a great watch that has been going through some rough times lately, so you can pick these up all over the GILT and Rue La La websites for cheap. Do I like tacking advantage of quality? No. Do I know it's not easy to drop $500 on a risk accessory? Yes I do. So jump online and pick one up. I rock my watches under my wrist bone on my left hand so I buy left-handed watched so the crown won't dig into my wrist. Swag is about fit, no matter which hand is dominant.

Mercanti Fiorentini Double Monks ($140, DSW)

Looking to step your dress shoe game up? Look no further than a set of clean double monks from Mercanti Fiorentini. They fit true, look clean, and go with jeans as easily as they go with dress pants. Show these bad boys off and look like you are wearing Prada's for the price of Air Force Ones. Rock the 5cm cuff with these bad boys, they are built for looks, not for speed.

Terre D' Hermes Colgone ($76, Amazon)

This is some grown man shit. You know how you have been wearing the same cheap cologne your whole life (or you are like me and have a few different ones you switch up so no one catches on)? Well it's time to upgrade. A blend of atlas cedar, citrus, patchouli and bay rose means you will be smelling like a grown-ass man for days. Use lightly, 1-2 sprays will last you the day.

As for the bag, dont' bother looking for it. Been sold out for dayyys. But I will send some suggestions your way soon because if you live in a city you need some swag in your bag. And you don't live in a city, move here. It's worth it.

Happy Holidays from Swag On, 2012 is looking unbelievably steezy already.