16 August 2011

7 Pieces You Should Swaggerjack From My Summer Wardrobe

We all love Summer, but we can all use a little help on keepin it clean and upgrading from beach-bum to summer sheek. Lined up I have 7 basic items that will bring your summer wardrobe to another level, without changing your basic style and look. Let the swaggerjacking begin:

Brass Collar Stays
One of my favorite summer looks is the khaki or dress short with an un-tucked slim fit oxford. It can be worn anywhere and really steps up your every day look without being awkwardly overdressed. However, the one thing that I see all too often (in winter too) is a poor collar line. Grab a set of brass collar stays, iron your collar (wrinkles at the bottom of your shirt are forgivable, on the collar is not), and stand out from the crowd.

This case is unreal, but you can get stays at Men's Warehouse for $10

Sperry Cloud Series Oxfords
I picked up a pair of these about 3 months ago now and they are unbelievable. They fit and walk like a boat shoe, with the upscale look of an oxford. Where them with or without socks, fabric pant, or my favorite, shorts (trust me on this, you will get a lot of compliments and will really stand out from the 50 people on the street still wearing Chuck Taylor's everyday.

Start simple with Brown or danger to my favorite Grey | $90, Sperry

Cognac or Walnut Dress Shoes

Summer means it's time to break out the Khaki pants and polo's, or if you are like me the Grey dress pants and brown oxfords. Walnut dress shoes will set you apart from every other Joe-Schmo in a set of dress pants and can be worn with almost any color pant (although a grey suit with cognac brogues is, in my mind, perfection). Check these brogued cap-toe oxfords from Allen-Edmonds

Allen-Edmonds Strand in Walnut Calf | $325 Allen-Edmonds

A Weekender Watch
Cheap. Easy to wear. Usually bright colors which gives you a bit of pop in your outfit without getting that dreadful "look at me" appearance. That and come winter, you really can't sport these. This Timex can be had for $40 and is the perfect addition to your watch collection.

Timex Fabric Weekender | $40. City Sports

A Weekender Bag
Summer hopefully means you are out and about, either enjoying the sun or traveling around the world. Somewhere between a back pack and airplane luggage sits what we sartorialists call  the weekender. It fits enough to pack for the beach, the club, and the morning after - without looking like you are going away for a month.

Fossil Max Duffle | $288, fossil.com

White Jeans
In case you spend all your time looking at the ground, let me be the first to tell you that white jeans (or yeans really if you are in my inner circle of friends) are in. Check out a few different ways to rock them here.

Many Looks. Same White Jeans. | $60, Zara
Boat Shoes.
While I am always happy to make a new friend, Colton J. Bozigian's most valuable addition to my life was introducing me to my new favorite time of year - Boat Shoe Season. Previous to meeting Colton, my mind was blurred in the spring by the arrival of not on Sun Dress Season, but also Cork Wedge Season (OK sometimes they are espadrilles, I don't care, chicks look amazing in them). Little did I know that come spring time men everywhere throw out all there socks and rock boats shoes like we are all meeting someplace secret to throw the world's greatest party on Richard Bramson's Yacht. I love the movement, and love the season, so get yourself a set of Sperry's and join the elite group known only, as men.

Sperry Topsider's | $75, Sperry

Still plenty of Summer to be had, get out there and let's bring Boston out of that top seed for "Worst dressed cities in America" (Clearly, they didn't interview myself and the other Sartorial Generals of Swag that call Boston home).

Swag On Summer Amigo's. Swag On.